Thursday, September 7, 2017

Mommy to the 'Mom-to-be' - Chapter 2

It is often said that 'you realize a mom's outlook only when you become one'; I am about to be one soon but still am unable to comprehend the level of selflessness that she can exhibit. Mothers toil beyond their physical and emotional stamina to ensure their child is happy, healthy, safe and successful. Their contentment lies in the peaceful sleep their children get, the fulfilling cheer their children radiate, the praise,victory, promotion their children achieve; all that is possessed by their children is somehow gained and celebrated by mothers.

Like any other growing kid, there had been times when I was so angered with my mom that I, foolishly, even dedicated some lyrical laments to her ! But that or anything else could never defy the love flowing in our veins for each other. My mapa have always meant world to me, and my pregnancy has reaffirmed that if I am any good or capable of anything from being a worker, wife or women, its all their achievement. I mean mirror to them, and they have put their sweat and blood to ensure the best possible reflection

During my entire pregnancy, I have had a concrete support from mapa who made sure that while being a good wife, I was always comfortable, eating right, exercising well, medically fit and happy to serve the best gestation period; having heard and read varied pregnancy challenges that people face, I wonder how it were to be pregnant without mom living with me, as truly speaking I had none. Its not that we never had arguments or disagreements on what would be right for the baby or even the child' future, but now when I silently rethink about those discussions I thank mom for all the perspectives she knowingly or unknowingly imparted.

Its embarrasing as well as amazing to realize that at times, unknowingly, we do emotionally violate our parents, but the unmistakable confidence in their upbringing never makes them look down upon us.

I always knew and acknowldged that if there was a recipe to cook the person/being/thinker I am, it would have 60% of my mom, 30% of my dad and only 10% of rest of the world, yet I doubt if I can ever be even an iota of the Godliness resplendent in mommy to this 'mom-to-be' !

No comments:

Post a Comment