Saturday, September 2, 2017

'Mom-to-be' in Me - Chapter 1

Each human has DNA so long that could uncoil up till Pluto and back, nerve cells that need 3000 years to be counted, yet all this and much more is created in a small womb in a time span of merely 9 months, like a bleep in universe. Though reproducing is natural for every living creature on the planet, yet each being senses a uniqueness for oneself. I too have my own unique little journey traversed so far.

November 2016 saw us complete 5 tangy wedlocked years filled with thrills and frills, we had checked many adventurous trips, tasks and travels in our bucket list, and now it was time to take a break and get into wordly matters for next some years. After a perfect celebration of our 5th anniversary at Anadaman and Nicobar, we took the conscious decision to take the leap of parenthood. One fine day in the next few months, I had 2 paralleled positive lines on pregnancy test kit, we were bestowed with the tiny marvel of a sprouting life in my womb.

I have always been astonished by babies for the package of miracles they are, but never have I had the courage to be playful with them; for the fear of responsibilities they impose, to be handled with care, to not to be taught wrong, to be respected yet restricted, to pamper yet discipline; children translated complications to me. And here I am today, counting days to hug and cuddle my own bundle of complexities.

Tiny socks that should not itch; small caps that should not tickle; cot-&-crib that should be comfortable; diapering that should not trouble; clothes that should be easy to put on; such is my browsing trail these days. Reading babycare blogs, sanitizing each corner of house, nesting and shopping for the baby, are coming naturally to me. Being in 9th month of pregnancy my only agenda these days is to be ready for the new human being I am soon to give birth to !

No comments:

Post a Comment